Since 2003, VUB Crosstalks creates a dynamic knowledge exchange through thematic and transdisciplinary encounters.
- Crosstalks aims at novel insights and escape routes out of a society driven by profit and divided by power, income, origin, gender, education and age
- Crosstalks’ projects and activities range from small-scale workshops to larger public events, always encouraging open and constructive dialogues between academic and corporate researchers, philosophers, artists, designers, policymakers and citizens
- Crosstalks facilitates unexpected encounters for VUB and other academics, beyond their research field
- Crosstalks strives for an integrated, inclusive approach in all its activities
- Crosstalks explores and develops themes and projects from bottom up and long term
“Today we no longer have the right to pretend that we command a unique position from which we can view the truth about the world. We must learn not to judge different areas of knowledge, culture, or art, but to combine them and to establish new ways of coexistence with those who enable us to meet the unique demands of our time.”
Ilya Prigogine & Isabelle Stengers, Order Out of Chaos: Man’s New Dialogue With Nature, 1984